What features do you want? (in General)
Ok, I've got a new script ready to release as soon as I'm done adding a couple things. I just wanted some feedback. I want to concentrate on features that are impractical to add to CB itself and would benefit from being stored locally on your own PC.
Something like a forum-ignore-list is possible, and one feature someone requested. I'm already making it so the little buttons will remember what you set them to even after closing your browser. Which also includes toggling the forgemaster closed, which is something alot of people wanted.
What I need now are more features, I recall some people even asked for an option to turn off the auto-advance to next opponent feature, which is something I added. Now what other features would you like?
A friends list based off the last logged in data...
Recent posts being listed on the main page...?
August 21 2006 7:49 PM EDT
Keep track of all the threads that involve yourself (that you can 'bookmark' individually) so that all the loaners and sellers on p/p can keep track of where their money is. Just a little category down on the menu that has links to the threads and titles so that they're easier to find, and you don't have to go digging backwards in hundreds of threads.
August 21 2006 8:03 PM EDT
* Drown the floats, or at least have them not float in my way ;)
* Try to find a way to have it actually save the settings without having to quit Firefox the nice way (I tend to just log off my workstation at work, so next time I log in all sessions start again just as I left them. Works nice, except this way FF doesn't save what's in about:config (the true cause of the bug I'd described earlier)).
* When all opponents are comatose, do not jump to the #1 char. This is annoying when farming 1 char on your fightlist, while the rest is comatose. Just stay on the last char, as he has a (slightly) larger chance of being alive when you hit enter.
* Update the fight list not only after a battle, but also at other times when CB resets the fight list (i.e. train, change character, update favorites). Often the #1 on the list is comatose...
* If I'm idle for 30 seconds, all information it has on who's comatose and who's not is stale. Why not reset to the #1 char on my fight list then, after a 30 second timer?
* I recently swapped 2 minions. I didn't want to risk it (so I cleared the saved setups), but is the saved training capable of dealing with this?
August 21 2006 8:29 PM EDT
I always have to comment out the code for the forgemaster, so an option to turn it off would be nice. I also comment out the sorting of the forum threads, since that really annoys me. I'm glad the new version will remember those things.
The sidebar floaty-thing is _always_ in my way. Can you add a new grouping for it below the Stats grouping?
The favorites list floaty-thing also gets in the way of everything, but it never seems to be large enough to see anything. Is it possible for you to change it so that it is resizable, and that it also remembers it's position and size? Or, another option would be to add (or simulate) a new frame in the bottom half of the main frame...
I'm sure I'll think of others.
It'd be nice to be able to log in to www.cb, cb2.cb, and cb all at once.
Do you have a total feature list anywhere?
August 26 2006 9:58 AM EDT
* Calculate the # of melee hits per round. I know it can't be accurate, as the number of ranged rounds can vary (3, 2 or 0), but I'd like to quickly see if I did triple hits, or if those cursed DB's caught me again...
September 12 2006 7:06 AM EDT
* A working auto-update
* Announcements that a new version is available ;)
Hey, those are already functioning ;)
I said I would make a post about it.. just hold onto your horses!
September 15 2006 3:00 AM EDT
If you don't have enough exp for your learned training set-up to work can we have a little alert to tell us. I've hit that button lots of times by mistake and I'd prefer if it challenged me rather than use all the available exp. I only want to see the query if I don't have enough experience for my training set-up though.
September 17 2006 12:30 PM EDT
I don't know why, but my side-bar floaty-thing has disappeared. Any idea how I can get it back?
The script is still working: the fightlist still advances to the next opponent automatically, and the floaty-thing on the "add new opponents" favorites lit pages still works.
I've tried refreshing and restarting the browser... could it be related to the new version of Firefox?
Oh, and is a new version of the script on the way? :P
September 17 2006 2:19 PM EDT
Mael, I believe this happens when you haven't updated your FireFox or GreaseMonkey. Try updating and see if that fixes it. (It did for me and I had the same problem you did.)
September 17 2006 2:21 PM EDT
Oh, and to answer your last question, no, this is not a version with any updates in it -- it just fixes the display problem like you mentioned, as far as I know.
September 17 2006 2:24 PM EDT
I've already updated GM and FF - that's not it. Even if that was the problem, could it cause only part of the script to stop working?
September 17 2006 2:28 PM EDT
That's bizarre. I'm not sure, you'd have to ask Verifex. Even without updating GM or FF, I didn't get a menu, so I was able to keep fighting without updating. And when I did update, I got the menu back.
It looks like Verifex really has some work to do as you're not the only person with some sort of problem with the script. Hang tight and hopefully he can help you. ;)
i told verifex a couple of days ago that the new FF update messed up the script, mine disappeared as well. Still works, forums is still seperated into the groups accordingly.
Maybe in the forge a little number that shows like what time ur at
such as if you heat for 10 mins a little 10:00 pops up near the drop-down thing.
All I needed to do was add a Refresh button to my menu in the Java Script and it all came back. Now I have my drag menu and I also have an added Refresh button as well.
September 17 2006 9:59 PM EDT
Personally, I'd use it again if you can turn off auto-next on loss, and if I could embed it at the bottom of the left-side frame rather than as a floating element. It seems as if it's always getting in the way, and my left-side frame takes up less than half of its available height.
That is interesting that you say that Frod, those are features I did include in this next release of the script. I've already coded all of that in actually, I'm just making sure to tie up a few loose ends.
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=001st7">What features do you want?</a>