In my "what should I do next thread" (which very few players have responded to - very discouraging), Nightstrike suggested an idea that has struck my fancy, to do a forum contest similar to SNK4R's chat contests based on using a pre-determined word as the trigger to win the prize.
Let's play the "3 word story game" for prizes. In another contest thread, I will post three words that are the beginning of a sentence that begins a story.
- You then post another three words to continue it
- Everyone can only post twice, and you must wait at least 10 replies to post your second one, NO EXCEPTIONS
- After 100 replies, I will check the story, edit it into (a) cohesive paragraph(s), and check for the 3 pre-determined Magic Words
- Whoever posted the Magic Word(s) gets the associated prize(s)
- In the event that a Magic Word is used more than once, only the first poster will win
- In the event that none of the 3 Magic Words are used, we'll start over. In the event that 1 or 2 are used, I'll take a popular vote to decide to start over with the ones that are left, or not.
- If we don't ever get to 100 replies, I'm done contesting and will NCB instead...
Word 1 (easiest): 500k CB$
Word 2 (not so easy): 1 million CB$
Word 3 (yeah, right): 2.5 million CB$
The words can be anything from a proper name to an adverb to an adjective, to a....
I need a volunteer to hold the words for confirmation at the end - obviously, you won't be able to play :(
This one will take some though, ya'll - you certainly want to be careful about the 3 words you choose...
Watch for the actual contest thread soon! :)