Find music on CD; win $100K per pop. (in Contests)
October 21 2007 4:29 PM EDT
I can't find any of the jazz music we're playing this quarter, and I don't have time to search. So, I'm going to pay you $100K per find of the music. Read ahead.
- The song must be on a CD for purchase. You must find the CD for which the song is on and post the URL here.
- First one to find each of the music will only win the $100K for that music piece.
- If you find more than one of the music pieces on the SAME CD, you will get only $100K for all of the pieces you find. Therefore; you want to find the songs on separate CDs, unless you just want a quick $100K. Up to you.
The list of the songs (with mandatory additional information):
Nightowl -- By Mark Taylor (BMI) -- light latin -- Jenson Education Productions (Found by JS)
- I've Got You Under My Skin -- Words and Music by Cole Porter, Arranged by Frank Mantooth -- shuffle -- Copyright by Chappell & Co.
Latin Injection -- composed and arranged by Denis DiBlasio -- calypso -- by Almitra Music Co., selling agent: Kendor Music (Found by JS)
- Love is Here to Stay (from "Goldwyn Follies") -- Words by ira Gershwin, Music by George Gershwin, Arranged by Sammy Nestico, arrangement copyright 1992 by Chappell & Co.
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square -- Lyric by Eric Maschwitz, Music by Manning Sherwin, Arranged by Roger Holmes -- moderate ballad -- arrangement copyright 1995 Shapiro, Bernstein & Co.
October 21 2007 4:31 PM EDT
[Invalid: Incorrect arrangement.]
[Valid for NightOwl]
October 21 2007 4:33 PM EDT
Champ's entry is invalid. The arrangement he submitted was by Teena Chinn, not by Frank Mantooth.
[Valid for Latin Injection]
October 21 2007 4:37 PM EDT
[Invalid: not correct arrangement, etc. only correct title song]
Love is Here to Stay:
[Invalid: only sheet music, not the song]
Scratch that last one, it's sheet music.
October 21 2007 4:45 PM EDT
October 21 2007 4:49 PM EDT
oops that was sheet music too. I'll try again:
Let me know if this works.
October 21 2007 4:50 PM EDT
Ulord, that URL doesn't link to anything.
October 21 2007 4:51 PM EDT
Also, Ulord, that isn't a valid entry because it's singing Sinatra's arrangement, not Frank Mantooth's.
October 21 2007 4:59 PM EDT
JS: That eBay item looks great, but unfortunately, it's a play along CD, so it doesn't have the "original" CD song the whole way through -- it's mostly for improv. Therefore, I'm not willing to count that.
maybe this for #2?
October 21 2007 10:41 PM EDT
Unfortunately, those look to be all the incorrect arrangements.
Booyeah for #2? http://www.activemusician.com/item--HL.00841161
Not sure for #4, maybe this
Those other ones are difficult to find the specific artists and composers.
October 22 2007 12:55 PM EDT
I've Got You Under My Skin:
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002Fl6">Find music on CD; win $100K per pop.</a>