back from cb1 days (in New players)
I used to play cb1 quite my fair share and managed to approach a score of about 200k if memory serves.
i left because I had acquired a lot of expensive gear and didn't really want to start fresh.
but here i am checking it out again...
June 5 2008 12:33 PM EDT
Welcome back :)
With your NUB, you'll probably be able to hit 200k in 3 days :). Have fun with it.
Come to think of it, what were Todd-Spydah at when CB1 shut down? Nowhere near 4 mil. Less than 2mil, even, wasn't it?
I dunno... maybe about 1.7m ?
up there, anyway.
Jayuu was at 8 mil score and above 5 mil mpr I believe... have to check the wayback to be sure...
June 5 2008 2:00 PM EDT
This is information from CB1 before CB2 was announced, pieced together from www.archive.org (WayBack Machine):
~February 2004: Spid (1372750), El Cid (1410252)
~April 2004: Spid (1939042), RedDwarf (1802904), El Cid (2003435)
(Strum left shortly after that milestone of hitting 2 million score)
~June 2004: RedDwarf (2626327) (can't find Spid, this may have been my brief, brief time at the top?)
~August 2004: Spid (2,314,725), RedDwarf (2,193,084)
(Spid had overcome anything I could do...)
AND FINALLY, a post made by Todd-Spydah in December 2004:
You all think it would be great to be #1 in Carnage Blender?
Well, let me point out some not so great aspects of being the #1 supreme player:
1. Only 6 clan members to fight. Slim pickings up top.
2. Everyone hates/despises/envies you. I'm a sensitive guy. All this antipathy eats me up inside.
3. My rewards SUCK when I fight the plebs under me. I mean, really. How can a team with nearly 4,000,000 score gain decent rewards vs a paltry 2,000,000 score team?
4. No one to challenge me. What do I do? Keep training AMF and GS, or switch my focus on AS? I have no one to help me to think. Heaven forbid I should figure this out on my own.
5. Too much pressure. Kind of like the tides, everyone expects you to just be there. It requires a lot of fighting to remain on top. Completely unappreciated.
6. Winning Streaks are killing me! Will someone just end it PLEASE. Worrying about it is causing me to break out in hives.
7. No one fights you. All my piddly rewards come from me doing all the fighting.
8. Much smarter and more articulate players verbally rip you apart when posts like this are made. Come on, this is a cry for help! (see #2)
9. All would-be contenders seem to quit, or have a re-focusing of real-life priorities just when they approach you in greatness.
10. People think you are serious when posting like this.
--Todd-Spydah, December 6 2004 1:36 PM EST
Apparently, with big win streaks, etc, Spid was on the verge of 4 million around the end of 2004 (right before CB2 opened its doors...)
Man, that WayBack Machine is fun... *smile*
June 5 2008 2:44 PM EDT
*laugh*...look at that largest fireball -- wouldn't even dent a small RoBF in ranged over here on CB2!
spid was more or less a single tank for most of my playing time... don't remember when he added the enchanters.
June 5 2008 4:52 PM EDT
I had a tear in my eye looking at those Characters.
My eye is better now though it was only a small tear.
June 5 2008 5:20 PM EDT
He added enchanters when it was changed so that new minions added MPR -- adding minions didn't used to have the minions coming with built in MPR... In fact, Todd was very much against the whole idea, I think that was back when he was running his own team, still (with no free slots -- was that Extreme Newbie?).
As I remember it, he and Spydah united, combined resources, bought enchanters, and gave El Cid a run before Strum retired. They then took the top spot, and their glorious dynasty began, pretty much from mid-April 2004 until the end of 2oo4 (maybe a bit beyond even?)!
I think having a "free" option for hiring and come with no MPR is a good idea.
pff, Evasion: "Blake, My Bestest Bud. (402183)"
June 6 2008 1:54 PM EDT
I think that Evasion (plus a huge set of DBs) were enough to be able to beat one of the big tanks at the time, whatever one was being run by that fireman guy...why can't I think of his name... I think Vicious (Bebop) ran whatever character had "Blake..." on it, and his whole goal was to make the big archers in the game (and big Lochs) whiff him...
BCMoto, that was his name! He had a monster tank at the top of the ranks for a while before Cb1 was closed down...
BCMoto had almost 2 sets of 477 AC armor, at least two x27 +200 bows, and the largest ELB for a while till Freed's x28 :p
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002S2R">back from cb1 days</a>