Only answers to each and everyone one will receive a prize. First person to correctly answer all of the riddles will win 500k.
DO NOT USE GOOGLE(or otherwise search on the web)!
1. A grandfather clock chimes the appropriate number of times to indicate the hour, as well as chiming once at each quarter hour. If you were in another room and hear the clock chime just once, what would be the longest period of time you would have to wait in order to be certain of the correct time?
2. Four men sat down to play. They played all night 'till break of day. They played for gold and not for fun. With separate scores for everyone. When they came to square accounts, they all had made quite fair amounts. Can you explain the paradox, if no one lost, how could all gain?
3. Betty signals to the headwaiter in a restaurant, and says, "There's a fly in my tea." The waiter replies, "No problem, madam. I will bring you a fresh cup of tea." A few minutes later Betty shouts, "Get the manager! This is the same cup of tea!" How did she know?
4. A couple went on holiday for three weeks. They carefully locked their house, and had a neighbor check on the place while they were gone. When they returned, the wife was distressed to lean that because of a power failure she had lost all her fine jewelry. She had hidden the jewelry in what she thought was a very safe place. She was not robbed. Her jewelry was lost by accident. Why?
5. One day a boss said to her employees, "I can fight and beat any man who works here." A new employee, a seven-foot-tall ex-prize fighter, stood up to take on the boss. The boss kept her word, but did not beat the man or back down. What did the boss do?
6. What is it that has six legs, two heads, and flies?
7. An American, who had never been to any country other than the United States, travelled a long way to see a sight that very few people had seen. He was standing one day on solid ground when he saw the Great Wall of China with his own eyes. How come?
8. in a small town in the United States, a teenage boy asked his parents if he could go to a friend's party. His parents agreed, provided that he was back before sunrise. He left the house that evening clean-shaven and when he returned just before the following sunrise his parents were amazed to see that he had a fully grown beard. What happened?