Poet's Challenge (in Contests)
September 13 2010 6:28 PM EDT
"We seize the stars and drag them low
'Til, in the mirror of the sky
We see only our own reflected glow."
1) Physical Phenomenon
2) Social Commentary
3) Religious Commentary
One answer per person! 111k for the first correct answer for each!
1) lights. In the cities there are so many you can't really see the stars.
September 13 2010 7:21 PM EDT
3)We are what we make in ourselves.
2) The gap between the rich and poor.
1) Urban Glow
2) It's easier to drag others down than to raise yourself up
3) Humans keep trying to bring heaven to earth, to play God
September 13 2010 9:20 PM EDT
2) Globalization is destroying our natural world (stars read as natural resources). When the human race can no longer sustain itself, our great civilizations will be nothing like it once was (like glowing embers after a raging fire).
3) For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul (Mark 8:36)?
probably quite a stretch but here goes:
3) our science is bringing us closer to unlocking the mysteries of the universe (bringing the stars to us) where the author believes we will find god, our reflection, as the bible states he/she made us in his/her image. the sky is the mirror as we have to attain a higher level of understanding to really meet god.
September 13 2010 11:04 PM EDT
1. The setting of the sun
2. Human competition
3. Trying to bring Heaven to ourselves instead of changing within.
I tried to cheat by going to Google, but I only found the thread where I'm sure you read it.
September 14 2010 2:00 AM EDT
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0036C7">Poet's Challenge</a>