were there any negative issues during his rule perhaps?
This may be from a questionable source, but I've seen this on various other sources.
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free
for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are
state-owned and loans given
to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya ﾖ
Gaddafi vowed that his parents
would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
home. Gaddafiﾒs father has
died while him, his wife and his mother are still living
in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$
50,000 ) by the government
to buy their first apartment so to help start up the
5. Education and medical treatments are free in
Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25%
of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career,
they would receive farming
land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and
livestock to kick- start their farms
ﾖ all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical
facilities they need in Libya,
the government funds them to go abroad for it ﾖ
not only free but they get US
$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government
subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves
amount to $150 billion ﾖ now
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after
graduation the state would
pay the average salary of the profession as if he or
she is employed until
employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to
the bank accounts of all
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
16. Gaddafi carried out the worldﾒs largest irrigation
project, known as the Great
Man-Made River project, to make water readily
available throughout the desert
I admit I do need to do more research on his "issues" but as of right now it seems to me he was only a benediction being Libya's ruler. Just because it's a different government never meant he was evil. Or was he?
being Libya's ruler
I didn't do any research, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if all of your people hate you, there's probably a good reason for it.
His people killed and sodomized him for crimes against fashion.
November 1 2011 7:55 PM EDT
You mean that hat is, like, to die for?
November 1 2011 8:08 PM EDT
During the 1980s and 1990s, Gaddafi openly supported international terrorism
Typically the kind of thing that causes diplomatic problems
According to wikipedia, he made use of military force against civilians, including air strikes and bombings, to put down protests.
That being said, yes, he did a lot of good things for the country as well. Free and compulsory education, free medical care, and increased prosperity across the board.
Also, Anti-Blender, the author of your linked article seems to hold a really tough grudge against the use of proper grammar.
That took all of like 30 seconds to look up
November 1 2011 8:16 PM EDT
Oh, also, initial article invoked Godwin's Law something like five times.
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003F9r">Qadaffi: What was NATO really afraid of?</a>