- Which Forum to post in?
- How to post in HTML?
Which Forum to post in?
- Only admins may start new Changelog threads.
- This forum is for player-run contests.
- To remove the motivation for lame "contests" designed to benefit only their authors, any profit generated by a contest must be sent to Central Bank. Item only raffles may continue to be held in FS/WTB.
- For Sale / Want to Buy
- This is for advertisements of characters or non-forging services (such as loans, item naming, supporter ships, etc.) for sale or wanted-to-buy. Those looking to buy or sell items are encouraged to use the built-in auction system instead, which is custom-built for this purpose and has several advantages over a generic forum: CB auctions are scam-proof, search able, and offer email alerts for buyers interested in specific items.
- If you choose to start a new thread here anyway (either because what you have to say isn't easily translated into an auction, or because you just feel like posting the items you want to sell), you will be automatically assessed a fee of $2,000. Posting in another forum to dodge the fee will result in a fine of $25,000. You may post addenda or otherwise "bump" your post, but each reply will also cost $2,000. (Only the thread creator may reply to his posts; it proved contentious to allow others to post potentially off-topic material as well.)
- Duplicate threads and threads designed to flood/spam the forum will be removed with an optional appropriate fine.
- FS/WTB threads are closed after two days, and deleted after six months.
- Please check to see if your post would be more germane to one of the other forums before posting here.
- Also before posting questions about game play try to look in the Help pages for answers.
- This forum is for new players to ask questions and introduce themselves. (Strategy discussion still belongs in General.)
- Off-topic is for congratulations of all sorts (including birthday/anniversary announcements) as well as anything not related to CB.
- No commercial or "please click this to give me referral credits" links, please.
- This forum is for confirmation of (or status updates for) deals that have already been made. Primarily this is for deals made in chat, since if you have arranged a deal in the Forging Services or FS/WTB forums, you might as well confirm it there instead of making a new thread here.
- Posts requiring an admin's attention (potential abusers, etc.) are also on-topic here; as are posts along the lines of "I'm leaving for a week." (Or, "for good.")
- Again: This forum is not for people looking for deals. Those posts go in Forging Services or FS/WTB. This is enforced by fining violators; it makes life easier for everyone when they know which forum to read for which kinds of post.
- Regarding "private deals" confirmed here and elsewhere in the forum system:
- If 2 people enter into a deal, and it is posted here, and one person backs out, or scams the other person, here is what will happen:
- If person A scams person B, we will reset A. We do not want to encourage scamming. BUT, it is your responsibility to make sure the person you are dealing with is trustworthy. We also do not want to encourage the thinking of, "so what if this guy offering me a cornuthaum for $100k is scamming me, all I have to is whine to the admins to get my money back." So no, we're not in the property recovery business. Same goes for loan installment payments. In other words: if you want truly scam proof trading, your only option is the auction system.
- This forum is for loans and forgering services offered and wanted. Deal enforcement policy is the same as for Public Record; if you haven't read that, do so now.
How to post in HTML?
Here's G Beee's cheat sheet:
<a href="INSERT URL HERE">ENTER LINK NAME</a>
<a href="INSERT URL HERE" Title= "POP UP NAME HERE">(ENTER LINK NAME)</a>
- OPEN HYPERLINK IN NEW WINDOW
<a target="_blank" href="INSERT URL HERE">ENTER LINK NAME</a>
<img src="imgURL.here" width="100%">
<img src="INSERT URL HERE" align="bottom" width="480" height="480">
Enter estimated width and height paramaters using submit on your forum post to check how it looks. Use the back button to change the paramaters until you find a width and height that both fits the page, and still looks good.
<div align="center"><img src="INSERT URL HERE"</div>
<div align="center">ENTER TEXT</div>
<ul><li>ENTER TEXT</ul> = Bullet Points
<ol> <li>Coffee</li> <li>Tea</li> <li>Milk</li> </ol>
<span style="color:blue;">ENTER TEXT</span> Examples of colours to use are red, blue, orange.
last edited by Admindudemus at May 21 2009
- Edit Forums
Pages that link to this page: