Buckler of Mandos confusion (in General)

Todd January 26 2005 11:55 AM EST

I just love great documentation. If you're going to put an item description in the item meta-stats section, is it too much to ask to make it complete? Looks like it.

I'm sure the response to my question here will be "check this post from CB1".

Anyways, to my point. I bought:
1. Elven Cloak +6% dex
2. Buckler of Mandos. +10% str, -1% dex

I am using ranged (compound bow) with archery and a 2 handed exec. So, I know the strength bonus on the mandos is only +3% instead of +10% (from the 2H weapon). However, the combination of the elven and mandos is causing me to lose 1% total dexterity. If I equip the elven cloak itself, I get the +6% dex . But, I lose 7% (netting a -1% ) on dexterity with the 2 items together.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the proper description in the item meta-stats should say?

WeaponX January 26 2005 12:00 PM EST

the 2h weapon increases the dex penalty with a shield?

AdminShade January 26 2005 12:47 PM EST

1 hand weapon + shield = a certain % of penalty from the shield

2 hand weapon + shield = the same % of shield DX penalty + a 2hand weapon penalty.

the same (or similar) like in cb1

QBsutekh137 January 26 2005 1:08 PM EST

but point is good one about having descriptions totally laying all that out. then again, maybe don't look gift horse in the mouth if not 100 pct complete? :)

Max January 26 2005 1:11 PM EST


Check this post from CB1.

Hehehe, mailed your money off today mate. ;-)
This thread is closed to new posts. However, you are welcome to reference it from a new thread; link this with the html <a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=001ArW">Buckler of Mandos confusion</a>