what does the " lvl" beside the Tattoo of Endurance I just b (in General)
November 4 2005 4:54 PM EST
I need a mentor that will respond to a rookie question.
November 4 2005 4:58 PM EST
it means the level of the tattoo... the higher the better... just like your character.
November 4 2005 4:59 PM EST
lvl 900,00 = how strong the tat is. lvl = level ,the higher the lvl is , the better the tat is.
November 4 2005 5:17 PM EST
so does it go up automatically as you fight, or is there a triggering event?
November 4 2005 5:21 PM EST
FAQs->Tattoo, or see the Wiki.
November 4 2005 5:29 PM EST
Limp, Vacuous Loser
November 4 2005 5:49 PM EST
November 4 2005 8:12 PM EST
thanks for the smart [butt] replies and the sincere ones....the wiki doesn't address my question, kind of like the smart ass mentor and a few others
November 4 2005 8:15 PM EST
mrwuss....have you looked at faq?
November 4 2005 8:17 PM EST
bartjan....please take the advice you gave me and see what your result is..........
November 4 2005 8:19 PM EST
jonathon.....thank you for the smart ass response to the question I sent you back channel...."good question for the general thread"...see what I get........Bite me!
November 4 2005 8:20 PM EST
hammer read more carefully
"Q: What are tattoos?
A: Tattoos are armor that gain levels the more you fight with them equipped. See Item meta-stats for details on what powers the different tattoos have.
Tattoos take up both a body armor and a cloak slot, and cannot be equipped on the same minion as a Power Shield. Only one tattoo may be equipped per character."
November 4 2005 8:21 PM EST
BTW hammer you won't be on CB much longer.. lol
November 4 2005 8:43 PM EST
wow! hmmm all try to do this nice and calm and easy so hammer take a deep breath and listen as i try to explain.
1.you initial question was not completely clear but you did I believe get proper replies, kitty with stating lvl = level, and then the others on where you can find info on what lvl has do with in game.
2.mrwuss in case you weren't aware was making a joke<notice the ;)> using the anagram of lvl, no insult was meant to you, and i gleefully enjoyed the joke since i made the original post with the anagram thing.
3.if you are having troubles with a mentor or have and idea of something that could be added to the wiki, it is best to make new clam post explaining or about whats going on or you idea.
4.quad posting, insulting random ppl, and most of all insulting god... i mean jon is not a good way to endear yourself to group
so i do hope that they take it easy on you and just give you a warning or something...good luck.
November 4 2005 10:12 PM EST
hammer, hammer, hammer.
I just don't know what to do with you, on one hand I am laughing at your reactions. On the other.....
No, I am just going to laugh at you and let bart and jon take care of your problem.
Limp, Vacuous Loser, look at the first letter if each word. L V L, or lvl as you asked.
November 5 2005 12:52 PM EST
thank you all for the answers and offers to enlighten. But you see I'm laying here recovering from a heart attack and TV, Nintendo, and PC are my max entertainments. CNN is too liberal, Fox is too conservative, Madden and Nascar(they belong to the kids, not me) are too juvenile, Solitaire is boring and I dont like porn!! CBII was just the ticket for this old goat! My first ever interactive on-line RPG.
The question I had so eloquently answered by so many was "what does the "lvl" beside the Tat of End I just bought mean?"
You see,given the font on my PC and the quality of my eyes, I was asking what "/v/" meant, not lvl. It appears to be a lower case v bracketed by two forward slashes or stick brackets, not lower case L's. That's why I could find no reference in wiki or FAQs or Stupidly AQs or threads or forums to /v/. My frustration overflowed at all the well meaning replies in chat, PM,IM and forums all saying "level"; because it made no sense. But nothing else on Home Page is abbreviated, truncated or omits vowels in lower case excepting capitalized Initials such as HP, DX etc. I looked for lvl under V in the Glossary thinking maybe it meant "value" or "versatility" or "visiousness"!
So, accept my apologies for my venting, but realize all that your game is not as easily decipherable out here in the hinterlands to us nontechnoids and a snotty answer with an emoticon is just a snotty
Jonathon ...the game was fun; interacting with anonymous players with attitudes was not. Reset, suspend, ban or whatever it is you do but I'd insist on my "Supporter" fee back.
(Do I need to interpret that for you or not?)
I'd like an interpretation :)
November 5 2005 1:10 PM EST
Wow. I'd like to feel sorry for you but the way you are answering, well...
Crash course in how the CB community works.
*Jonathan = god; he dishes out sarcastic comments, deal with it. I've had my fair share. :P
*mrwuss, bartjan, et.al. = admins; gamut of attitudes, from nice to sarcastic, but none of them are nasty. If you someone thinks they are, it is most likely that they were asking for it (easy to find out since its normally publicly posted).
You may have made a "mistake" in your question and when people assumed that you were asking "lvl", then yes, people are going to start flaming you. For most, it is easy enough to translate to "level" and IMHO, means that you didn't take the time (or at least people will have assumed) to browse the wiki first. You are not the only new player here who have asked questions which are simply answered by going through the FAQ or wiki. CB has been around for a couple years so you can only imagine how many people have been asking questions which can be answered by doing a little bit of exploration.
I'm sorry you feel that you have been insulted or flamed too much. Unfortunately, this is how CB works. If you can go beyond that and shrug it off, the CB community is actually an awesome place, chatting with people and seeing the economy go up and down, and waiting for the dreaded change month, etc. I love it because this is the one website where I don't see all the un-pg words coming up. I honestly hate those kinds of words as I do not think they should really have a place in a normal civil conversation.
November 5 2005 1:14 PM EST
Interpretation, he made a mistake in asking. It should have been,
"what does the "/v/" beside the Tattoo of Endurance I just bought mean?" His browser displayed it wrong, or he didn't see properly. Whichever way, it opened up a can of whoop ass. :)
November 5 2005 1:49 PM EST
You need a valium, or a handful.
Hi Hammer, I'd not responded yet because you original question had been answered, but I'll try to add some more now. Taken from my own home page;
A Rune of Enlightenment lvl 20
Level is shortened when dealing with tattoos. It's not /v/ you're seeing, as as far as I know, that doesn't exist anywhere in game.
lvl or the 'lvl 20' above means the level of the tattoo. How big it is. How much it does what it does. Now if you're interested in 'What' a Tattoo of Enduance (or rather Endurance as a whole, as the tattoo only train the Endurance skill) I hope I can shed a little more light than the Wiki does.
Endurance reduces a straight amount of damage from each hit you take. The amount reduced is a percenteage of the Endurance (or tattoos level), which is guestimated to be between 9-15%. This amount reduced is also capped at a total of 75% of the damage done.
It also reduces and AMF backlash in the same maner by a little over 5% of the Endurance level.
I hope that helps answer your original question.
Hammer, I'd also like to point out that Kitty, Buiscit and Sacred answered your original question, you then posted another. Bart answered that with a nudge towards the FAQ. I think this entry was what you were being nudged towards...
Q: How do tattoos gain levels?
A: Tattoos gain experience when your minions do, in battle. This experience is automatically "trained" at regular intervals; if you're impatient, going to the Train page yourself or unequipping the tattoo will force converting any untrained xp immediately, but there's no reason to do this past the first few levels.
Both your original questions were answered...
Peter at home
November 5 2005 6:52 PM EST
Is it possible to put "lvl" to a dictionary, because it is always marked as a not correct word?
November 5 2005 7:01 PM EST
if it was thought as /v/ then why ask the question as lvl? since it would have to be typed different...
If it was trolling, 2/10.
Back story, but no L33t. It needed at least one ZOMG! or j00.
If it's an honest question, I hope it's nothing more than a misunderstanding, as both asked questions were answered.
November 5 2005 8:25 PM EST
it means LEVEL That's about it.
Level also identifies how strong your tattoo/familiar is. the higher the level the stronger.
November 5 2005 10:51 PM EST
I believe its a misunderstanding. It may be possible he just copied and paste the "lvl" part.
November 6 2005 3:40 PM EST
glad I was already bald else the flames would have smelled worse.
1. xdanelx....thanks for the well parsed and organized reply. However insinuating that I had taken no time to do a little investigation is completely off. I'm sure its easily verifiable on the server that I had read every file in wiki, all the archives and threads using all the search values I could think of. Maybe its an easy jump for you to level from /v/ but wasnt for me. the spellchecker also kept refusing my question saying I had too many errors, most of which were /v/s. I had to change my post to lvl and even then lvl didnt hit me as level. MY BAD!! mia culpa and shame on me! I notice now that /v/ is not rejected by the spellchecker so I guess someone with admin clearance from Clarence has loaded that into the dictionary or maybe the game is getting more intuitive through AI. The final question still begs an answer, "WHY NOT SPELL OUT LEVEL AND CAPITALIZE IT EVEN IF ONLY FOR DUMMIES LIKE ME?" I'm sure in the spirit of the sarcastic CB Community, the answer is "Just to annoy you NUBs" or words to the effect. You see I have a sense of humor and can take a joke too, but there is a time and place as they say....
2. I couldnt agree more with your assertion that CBII is a PG-rated haven in an ever degenerating society of permissiveness. I also believe the Internet has become the 21st Century equivalent of "your mother's skirt" where the youngster can insult, lambast, tease and taunt and throw rocks at anyone from the safety of his hiding place behind Momma, the Anonymity of the Internet. Characterizations like "Limp, Vacuous Loser" would have been rewarded with a busted nose from even the most patient IF that coward had been in the physical presense of the intended. It's easy to be bold and insulting when physical retalition is not a possibility. Or is it?
3. So it's okay for everyone else to flame me but my return volley is out of line? Just because it was directed at a sarcastic (your characterization of some admins) admin? Just because it was directed at GOD I mean Jonathon? Now that's both sacreligious and blasphemous! By the way, the spellchecker kicked out his name as a misspelling on Friday and Saturday last week? Well, to that I answer not only is Jonathon certainly not GOD, he certainly IS a business man taking payment for a service for which I paid in US$ with a US$ debit card across State Lines in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. This simple transaction guarantees me reasonable expectation of satisfaction with the product tendered or the promise of a refund and since he took the money. HE warrants it's fitness for the use intended. The Attorney General of my home state, the Interstate Commerce Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, ACLU, NAACP and probably even SETI agree that interstate commerce via the internet carries the same consumer protections as any retail transaction. And just like any "private club", CBII has the right to restrict it's membership. But since I joined on an open invitation from a google search, paid a "solicited fee" to be a Supporter, and violated no rules of conduct established by the group and in fact only conducted myself in the same fashion as you say is customary for the the community, CBII must now play by the Rules of Law, not the Rules of Jonathon.
4. To Gentleman Loser....."If it was trolling, 2/10.
Back story, but no L33t. It needed at least one ZOMG! or j00.
If it's an honest question, I hope it's nothing more than a misunderstanding, as both asked questions were answered."......
whew ...I have no response to lines 1 and 2, but it was an honest question anyone would be entitled to ask who had paid for the service. When you put a swingset together you bought at ToysRUs, and it says in the directions "connect swivel reducing pinion bushing to "v"" and you dont know what "v" is, would you call the store to ask? Of course you would, and an impolite service person would not be tolerated as patiently especially after you had smashed your thumb trying to put it in what you thought was a "v". At the time of my question, my PR/MPR had dropped dramatically when I bought the Tattoo and I couldnt beat anyone on my fight list; I thought I was getting ripped! Sorry!
5. Mrwuss....you need some manners, AT LEAST A HANDFUL.
6. INFERNO....just waiting on my refund, then FUJI'MOOH! It probably wont be you that decides anyway so go back to work and dont worry about what you cant control. And if you have any smart comment now, refer to my point number 2 above.
7. Peterbackhome....thank you so much....thats the most enlightened comment yet and would have prevented all this.
November 6 2005 3:44 PM EST
November 6 2005 3:44 PM EST
wow, talking about spam... or a really big story...
November 6 2005 3:51 PM EST
You misspelled Jonathan, that's why it's flagged by the spell checker.
Donation is NOT Business! Then again...my comment is : GET A LIFE.
November 6 2005 4:22 PM EST
one question: why did you pay money to be a supporter? because you like the game and want to donate to improve it? if so, then why are you asking for it back just because the community's being rude?and if not, then was it just so you could get the free item and benefits? IMO, those benefits should be a "thank-you" for becoming a supporter, not a motive. (although I know for many people it is)
i think the only reason you should ask for a refund is if you don't like the game. No, I take that back --- you shouldn't even become a supporter if you don't like the game. Hence the term "supporter". Or should the term "supporter" be changed to "some guy who paid money to get extra stuff"
I apologize if i am completely mistaken and jumped to conclusions, it just made me think reading about how you want your money back.
November 6 2005 4:27 PM EST
Hammer, I understand where you're coming from, but you can't go about things the way you are. This game is filled with teenage loudmouths who always seem to have a wiseguy answer to everything whilest they enjoy the safety of being able to hide behind their keyboards. However, that seems to be how the entire internet is.
"Calling people out" has never worked on this game and it usually ends up with more of these childish junior mods dogpiling on you. You just have to be the bigger man and learn to deal with the people you don't like by just ignoring them or turning the other cheek. Demanding things of Jon won't work either and you will usually incur his wrath if you choose to do so.
I suggest you just find a few people on the game you feel comfortable socializing with and hit them up with the questions you cant find answers to in the FAQ or the Wiki. This is a great game and there are some great, understanding, and patient people here. Just to name a few, theres Bartjan, G_Beee, [EG]The Saint, and SutekhTDestroyer. You just need to be a little more diplomatic with your responses and only respond to the people that deserve one. They're few and far between here. I hope you stick around because it honestly is a fun game, and well, you won't be getting your $10 back either. :O)
November 6 2005 4:36 PM EST
Hammer, I guess you failed to notice the text "You agree that all Carnage Blender accounts, characters, and items are and remain the property of Jonathan Ellis." right above the box "I agree" on the sign up page?
I could comment more on your post, but I'm afraid I haven't finished reading my copy of "Eats, Shoots & Leaves".
November 6 2005 6:04 PM EST
so many long stories.... :P
So what is FUJI'MOOH?
I really don't know.
I googled it and nothing.
Is this a new fad that I haven't picked up on, like lol and the like?
Someone help me. CM me, I don't care just tell me what FUJI'MOOH means.
Alright now I am starting to feel left out what does this crazy string of letters mean!
Hammer, first of all, thanks for totally ignoring my first and second post, which should have reinforced the answers you had already ready been given.
I now have a few questions for you.
1) Had the two questions you asked not already been answered in this thread? Before the tounge-in-check response by MrWuss?
2) Again, there is no /v/ in the game. It is lvl. As you actualy typed lvl into the title of your post, is it unreasonable to think people would have assumed you to be asking about lvl and not some non existant /v/?
If you had said in your original post, something alsong the lines of 'Sorry, I'm asking about /v/, but the spell checker didn't like it and I had to post lvl', people would have been able to see where you're coming from. As it is, it just seems (to me) the /v/ is an excuse pulled from somewhere, for some reason.
As for why level is shortended to lvl I can only assume it's due to the size of the character area. At least to me, equipped tattoo's have lvl displayed over the number, which I can only attribute to space restrictions.
November 6 2005 7:19 PM EST
ok short and sweet GentleLoser with paragraphs that Bast taught me since I posted last and how to use with HTML and fancy text and plain text.
2. I know there is no /v/ now! But I didnt then when everyone kept telling me it meant level. thats why the frustation. I kept asking myself "why in tarnation do these people keep explaining level and pointing to wiki?" Wiki has nothing on /v/!
Question for you.
did you read my entire post? I had already in explained my confusion, mia culpaed, admitted my error and apologized. What is now necessary, do I have to fall on my sword, too? I'm obviously not as experienced as you and the other veterans nor as eloquent and versed inthe jargon of the game. Next time, can I just email you directly with my question, you edit it for me, and post it with an alias so I can just remain at arms length and get the answer?
November 6 2005 7:20 PM EST
rats ...paragraphs didnt work
November 6 2005 7:22 PM EST
stop using html to post ;)
just use plain text until you get the hand of it.
November 6 2005 7:27 PM EST
I'm just testing this again
to get graph breaks
hammer are you ignoring me?
I haven't done anything wrong to you.
I just want to know what FUJI'MOOH means?
Please tell me.
November 6 2005 7:31 PM EST
yea me...thx bast
headlines tomorrow reads....
"old dog learns new trick"
We can try it again, in HTML, after you've practiced a bit. ;)
:D GentleLoser! ;)
Yes I did, but that post just seemed like a rant.
NP, and if you do have any other questions, you're more than welcome to send me a chat mail if you don't feel like posting them, and I'll try my best to answer correctly!
November 7 2005 1:55 AM EST
This is to answer redwolf. I think hammer asked for a refund if he was going to be banned from the game, not because he simply wanted a refund.
This thread is closed to new posts.