th00p's strategy: Please give feedback (in General)
September 5 2006 7:20 PM EDT
Stats: HP: 1/3 ST: 1/3 DX: 1/3 BL: (.60)
Those are ^^ effects after the ToA.
14,999 Slayer arrows
Helm of Ecthelion
Elven Long Bow
Amulet of Invisibility
Tattoo of Augmentation
Stats: HP: 1/2 Evasion: 1/2
Chain Mail Leggings
Helm of Durin
Amulet of AC
Stats: VA: to max hit AMF: Max Protection: (10)
Many, Many Leathers
September 5 2006 7:22 PM EDT
looks good (i guess) im not good with strats. Im saying it looks good cause u added a ranged attack. you need ranged attack. im fighting you and ur twice my MPR and i win every time in 4-5 rounds with u doing absolutly 0 damage to me.
September 5 2006 7:43 PM EDT
Well...watever change u just made seemed to work pretty good. you almost beat me after 10 rounds but i still win :)
September 5 2006 8:04 PM EDT
Please note: This is for a future NCB and has nothing at all to do with my current strategy.
I've heard a couple say in chat that evasion is useless with all the penalties, so would it be better to change the armor on the wall to make it an evasion wall, or just change it to a normal wall and leave the evasion alone?
the penalties for CML,SC, HoD are not that bad...and you wouldn't want PL large enough to need elven gear anyway
September 5 2006 8:19 PM EDT
Why would I need PL if I have an AoI on my tank and AoAC on my Wall?
September 5 2006 8:43 PM EDT
My thoughts on your strat:
1) you may want to consider EG's instead of TG's. You will lose some str, however you will need less xp for BL as EG's will help boost your BL.
2) I do not understand what your enchanter is learning. AMF and protection or AMF and VA? Remember you cannot learn both VA and protection on the same minion. Since your 3 minions, you can learn protection on the tank and not suffer much of a HP loss. I believe that level 20 protection is only 54k or so levels.
3) Forget the evasion on the wall. Max your HP. This will help vs both physical magic attacks. Evasion is only useful vs physical. With all the armor you have, the negatives to dex will really hurt your skill level.
4) If your going heavy wall, I prefer an adam/MS to a TSA/MgS combo. While the TSA is a nice armor, its MR only works for about 3 rounds do to the decay of the armor, and a wall really does not need the Str bonus of that armor. Once you get to about 300 AC, you will find the MS is a better all around shield then the MgS due to the high AC you will have. However, you should use an adam over the TSA and try both the MgS and MS and see which works best for you.
5) In the beginning of your character, you likely will find that GA works better then VA. At least until your weapons become large enough to do lots of damage. GA is nice in that it will work in all rounds while VA will only work in melee. Vs DM heavy mages, of course, neither will work.
6) While DB's are nice, EB's give a couple benefits over DB's. Namely they give armor, which helps vs those mages you will fight. They increase your BL level, therefore giving you more xp to spend on protection and/or more hp. They also raise your dex, including the TOA's given dex, making you harder to hit. DB's are really better, IMO, when they reach +100. At that point your assured of 1 less hit per round. Up to that point, I like EB's better for the reasons I just stated.
300 AC isn't exactly easily attainable...and before that, the TSA MgS rocks!
September 5 2006 11:24 PM EDT
An Adamantite Cuirass  (+60) $2,046,744
Amulet of AC  (+18) $1,664,359
A Mithril Shield  (+35) $945,071
A Helm of Durin  (+17) $761,734
A Pair of Tulkas' Gauntlets  (+15) $860,374
A Set of Chain Mail Leggings  (+33) $981,473
A Shadow Cloak  (+19) $975,071
Total AC: 301 with unnamed items if named AC goes to 317
Total NW: 7.93M
Cost of base items (based on recent auctions):
Total for base items: 3.775M
So for 11M you can get a complete set of armor with 301 AC unnamed.
Very much obtainable.
Wow.. that was very thorough research.
Add an AoI to your enchanter, and train PL on it. Stick the Wall at the rear.
If you use a MgS on the Wall, train a base Protection on it.
quick thought th00p get all ST and DX from the ToA, only train HP and up BL when you have to.
September 6 2006 6:11 AM EDT
i think his tank is fine as, is.
that is keeping it equal, by training your DX equal to your ST and HP also?
so that would be HP,ST,DX at half of tat level :)
September 6 2006 8:00 AM EDT
Go heavier on DX. Now that weapons are SO powerful (tanks were actually weakened, just not their gear ;) make it so the tank adds accuracy. Use ToA for ST and put the XP into HP and DX. Means you will do less damage but you will hit more often, especially if you do decide to add even reasonable amounts of +
September 6 2006 9:13 AM EDT
"Now that weapons are SO powerful (tanks were actually weakened, just not their gear ;) make it so the tank adds accuracy."
Hold up now - tanks were weakened, huh? Would you explain that to me, please? I'm pretty sure I missed that part of the change. (No, really, I wasn't here at the time, so if that was in the changelog and I missed it, by all means, tell me!)
And honestly, just keep your DX close to the average tank around your level, maybe a little better. You've got innate PTH from the ToA, and a fair bit of + on the weapon isn't expensive. There's no reason to blow that EXP on DX when you could live longer with it in HP.
Tanks weren't weakened, BL was though.
"capped BL at 0.6 (from 0.75)"
September 6 2006 1:34 PM EDT
If you've got AoI on your tank and are using a wall, you shouldn't have Dboots on your tank- if your wall's any good, the only time your tank will be taking damage is with FB/CoC, and the Dboots won't defend you against that. I'd suggest swapping the Wall's CM leggings with the tank's Dboots, so that you get good use out of the Dboots and get some more mage protection on your tank.
Also, having TSA/Tulkas' on a wall isn't a sound investment as he isn't doing any damage with this setup.
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=001tas">th00p's strategy: Please give feedback</a>