The Oddeh Reddeh Marathoneh!
Welcome to the Oddeh Reddeh Marathoneh, or as it shall be called henceforth, the TORM! Here at the TORM, we have a large amount of cash available for the winning. However, it doesn't come easily....
This is a large multi-part MARATHON of a contest that will last for several weeks. Note: Brain highly reccommended. Here's how it goes:
How Things Work
- Contestants will be given an assortment of various questions/puzzles/tasks, worth different amounts of points based on difficulty.
- All answers must be Chatmailed to either BBQ or RedWolf. Please state which question you are answering with your CM.
- Answers in PM, e-mail, the contest thread, or other means WILL be ignored.
- Certain problems can potentially earn the player Priority Points. These are awarded to the first person who answers the particular problem. The problems will be chosen randomly. NOTE: Every problem in the Qualifier round earns the player Priority Points.
- Many problems will require you to take screenshots or other pictures. In these cases, simply upload the pictures to a site such as ImageShack® and CM the URL of the image to BBQ or RedWolf.
- Correct answers will not be posted unless requested.
Week 1: Qualifiers
Anyone who desires to enter the contest may. The entry fee will be a measly 10k (Please send entry fees to Safety Deposit Box)- however, this does not guarantee that you'll make the TORM. This is simply a qualifier's fee. All Contestants will have one week to answer the problems posted. The TEN players who answer with the most points will advance into the TORM. Everyone else will simply have to sit and watch. You will NOT get refunded your 10k.
Remaining Weeks: Contest
Each week, there will be an assortment of 5 easy, 3 medium, and 2 hard problems. Every Saturday, TWO players will be eliminated due to having too few points. This will continue until only two players remain.
Last Week: Finals
On the final day, there will be a special CHAT CHALLENGE that all may come watch. The two players will face off in a quiz-style showdown. Three questions will be asked, and players will answer in PUBLIC CHAT. He who first answers two of them correctly wins the TORM! Any spectators coming to watch must be quiet when asked or will be immediately booted from the room and disallowed from re-entering.
|Sunday, November 19||Post Contest and Qualification Problems|
|Saturday, November 25||Determine 10 Qualifiers, Post First Set of Problems|
|Saturday, December 2||Eliminate Two Players, Post Second Set of Problems|
|Saturday, December 9||Eliminate Two Players, Post Third Set of Problems|
|Saturday, December 16||Eliminate Two Players, Post Fourth Set of Problems|
|Saturday, December 23||Determine Two Finalists|
|Saturday, December 30||Chat Showdown, Determine a Winner, w00t|