More Boots and Cloaks (in General)


AdminQBVerifex [Serenity In Chaos] March 7 2007 12:06 PM EST

There are just a few selections of boots, so much that if you don't have a set of DB's then you are pretty much out of luck. DB's only seem to go for millions of dollars (something which I don't have), and I was wondering why don't we get some more types of boots, to mix it up a little and give us more options then the small selection we already have.

Same goes for cloaks, there is such a small selection of items in these categories available, that any item from those categories is VERY freaking expensive. Never mind that most of the equipment from cloaks and boots is rare, so it's hard to find anyways. I like the direction the gloves have gone, and it would be nice to have more choice like that in the boots and cloaks section.

[T]Vestax March 7 2007 12:21 PM EST

Boots of Jumping!

I have know idea what that would do for you.

QBRanger March 7 2007 12:36 PM EST

What do you propose?

Boots of Ogre Strength?
Boots of the Arch-Magi?

Or Cloak of Hill Giant Strength?

What more do we need in these categories?

In Boots we have:
Displacement Boots
Chain Mail Leggings
Elven Boots

In Cloaks:
Cloak of Istari
Shadow Cloak
Elven Cloak

AdminQBGentlemanLoser [{END}] March 7 2007 1:10 PM EST

Boots of Speed.
Boots of Striding and Springing.

Cloak of Reflection.
Cloak of Scintilating Colours.

Just a few ideas

More is always better. That's why we have a slew of Melee Weapons.

[T]Vestax March 7 2007 1:12 PM EST

(This one is for GL)

Cloak of the Tulwar Warrior - Makes the Tulwar the most useful weapon in the game.

Miandrital March 7 2007 1:37 PM EST

I think boots are fine, but it would be nice to have a "cheap" tank-ish cloak. Basically a wall/tank that wants to use store-bought items has to settle for a cloak (only stupid people use robes, higher upgrade costs and more penalties). Maybe call it a "Tunic" with a base of [8] and upgrade costs that are lower than a cloaks but higher than a shadow's?

QBJohnnywas March 7 2007 2:13 PM EST

Some nice thigh high spike heels, laces up the side.

Would go with that old adamantite double d brassiere anyway...

Talion March 7 2007 2:53 PM EST


Here's an idea:

Grounded Boots -- Reduce the effects of all Enchant Offense Spells by a % but offers no AC.

QBRanger March 7 2007 2:57 PM EST

What about making it that 1-5% of all items are cursed.

Like those DB's you bought are actually Boots of Stone. Makes it 50% easier to be hit. Non removable except if you beg an admin repeatedly to do so. Etc..

Phrede March 7 2007 3:03 PM EST

how about a wizard's boots of sick
or a orc's cloak of drunkenness

they could both be completely useless but made Supporter's items :)

miteke [Superheros] March 7 2007 3:05 PM EST

I'll take a cloak of missile deflection, heck make it a cloak of missile reflection.

And boots of ni! that protect you from all harm unless a certain word is in the opponents battle cry.

Last Gasp March 7 2007 3:23 PM EST

I like the idea of items that cause negatives as well as positives... beyond just affecting your stats... like boots of strength but they also make you slower... or if BG's were to improve archery but by wearing them you had reduced damage effect in melee.

GO PATS March 7 2007 6:14 PM EST

Boots of Charging - (Allows melee unit ((with no ranged weapon)) able to attack in the last round of ranged.)

Alligator Skin Boots - (Just look real nice.)

Cloak of Anti-Magic - (Dispels a % of enemy cast EO's per +)((Someone mentioned boots like this, but I like it as a cloak...))

Cloak of Haste - (Allows the permanent ability to get double hits ((in melee only, or in both)) even if PTH wouldn't allow for it... this doesn't stack with actual extra hits, it just helps people who would only get one swing instead get two...)

Bearskin Cloak - (Makes your minion look really tough, and does something cool and stuff... I'll leave the effects up to you guys, I just want a Bearskin Cloak.)

QBBarzooMonkey March 7 2007 6:22 PM EST

Dapper Riding Boots, for when one is riding their pony. We'd need a pony first, of course...

QBBast [Hidden Agenda] March 7 2007 6:36 PM EST

Mr. Monkey, that would negate the many "pants" pleas we've been having. There are many hereabouts who ought not be seen in jodhpurs.

QBOddBird March 7 2007 6:40 PM EST

But what about the few who SHOULD be seen in them?

*turns and flexes*

Yukk March 7 2007 6:54 PM EST

How about Ug Boots ! Keeps you warm but saps your IQ so you can't cast any spells.
Opera Cloak ! Makes you phantom-like gives you a 1% per + chance to avoid seekers/ex/ax-bolts but makes you blind in one eye thus giving you a partial -ve in ranged per + as well.
Incredible Cape. Gives you +100 strength per + but at the end of ranged you're sucked into a vortex or a jet engine or something. No. No capes. Bad idea.
Athletes Feet - allows you to sprint into melee 1 round earlier by sprinting through ranged as an extra easy target.
Red cloak - draws attacks to you but has no protective properties - also giving your opponents a small BL type bonus.
Boots of Balrog Flame. Gives you a hot-foot causing a steady amount of damage every round per + but combines with RoBF to make it do something useful.
Naugahyde cloak ... umm, it's made of naugas ?

There have to be more.

QBBarzooMonkey March 7 2007 8:44 PM EST

Maybe we need a poll - Ponies or Pants?

- Ponies. We've been so long without pants, why start now?

- Pants. My tuckus is always cold!

- Both. Pants to the left, Ponies to the right.

- Neither. And you should ban that Barzoo guy if he asks for a pony again. And give me his stuff.

- Whatever.

;)

Drakon(DS) [Guardian Bros Inc] March 7 2007 9:29 PM EST

i know this is a boots and cloaks page but
Amulet of Speed: +2% to DX per enchament
Amulet of Dispel: Dispels 3% of enchanments cast on wearer(Both ED and EO)
Amulet of Vampirism: Drains life for 1% to health per enchament level

Boots of Charging: Grants chance to attack in first round of melee (even if had ranged weapon)
Boots of Standing: Grants 2% boost to AC per point in ranged
Boots of Postion: Randomly Places Minion 1-5 every round

Cloak of Ninja: Attacks From Rear
Cloak of Defection: Reduced Projectile Damage by 3% per Enchament level
Trollskin Cloak: +1% to ST and Renergates 5% to Max per Round

AdminQBVerifex [Serenity In Chaos] March 8 2007 12:03 AM EST

I want a horse or some poison weapon or something, in addition to the boots and cloak previously mentioned. Also the horse can be a poison horse, if that helps consolidate my requests together.

AdminNightStrike March 8 2007 12:04 AM EST

I want to be a Ghost Rider......

Then I'll be able to sing like Dan Akroyd and John Goodman

Reignmaker [Battle Royale] March 8 2007 12:25 AM EST

Cloak of Donnie Darko - You have the ability to control water, fire, and time by extension of water, as well as telekinesis and increased strength. Of course, there's a 75% chance you'll see images of a scary 6 foot rabbit named Frank that makes you attack yourself or a 25% chance that a jet engine falls on you, making you automatically lose the match.

This thread is closed to new posts. However, you are welcome to reference it from a new thread; link this with the html <a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002312">More Boots and Cloaks</a>