New Topic: Being able to change tattoos (in Debates)
May 13 2009 5:32 PM EDT
I think there is a divide in CB over ones ability to change tattoos.
I think there are 3 groups of people.
1) Never, no way, no how.
2) Make it possible but make it hard to do so. Either with limited resources (few base tattoos) or via a penalty (loss of levels).
3) Make it fairly easy. Not too easy that one can do so often, just so that one can do it.
I personally fall into group #3.
I think that one should be able to change tattoos for a reasonable fee, when one wants. And not have to wait and perhaps wait and wait more for a tattoo to become available.
My reasoning is that without the TA, things become quite stagnant. While for some this is a good thing, without change things become boring. We have changemonths after all.
1) Make it possible to only change during changemonths. Make it 200-400k but only possible during official changemonths. Or perhaps up to 3 days after changemonths end.
2) Make it possible to only change 1 time per month. For the same fee it used to be.
3) Do nothing and leave the system as it currently it.
4) Make it cost levels. 1% to change. However, the first 3 days of a change costs no levels, after that, if you wish to keep the new tattoo as it is, you lose 1% of the levels. Cost is 200-400k to do this. However if a changemonth drastically changes a tattoo/spell etc.. the 1 following change is free of level loss.
And can we get changemonth/changemonths added to the CB dictionary like Kano-san??
I like number two, but you should be able to revert the tattoo back the way it was for up to a week.
May 13 2009 5:37 PM EDT
I forgot to put that in 1 and 2 of my proposals, one would have the chance to change back in a certain period of time.
The currents systems only bright spot is that it shines a glaring light on which tats might be getting a bit out of hand power wise.
May 13 2009 5:57 PM EDT
Whether this is considered allowed or not, I added changemonth/changemonths and Kano-san to the dictionary by making characters and retiring them
you're forgetting about the people that fall between 2 and 3. I for one am such a person, the current system is flawed because the demand far out ways the supply.
However since the only supplier of tattoo's is the auctioneer, I see it as a good thing that prices have risen since it removes cash from the game.
But since the only supplier of tattoo's is a kind of monopolist and doesn't supply the community with enough tattoo's to fulfill the need.
So keep the current system but increase the spawn rate.
May 13 2009 6:09 PM EDT
An increased spawn rate such that tattoos cost about $400k removes the same amount of cash from the game.
May 13 2009 6:22 PM EDT
The old TA way of 400k per change also removed money from the game.
And a lot faster than the current way.
yes, but if you go to the old system, then that shortage will still be there
May 13 2009 6:25 PM EDT
May 13 2009 6:33 PM EDT
I believe he means the lack of tattoos right now. Or, more precisely, the lack of tattoos that can be bought at a reasonable price.
Could be wrong, but that's what I think he means.
May 13 2009 6:34 PM EDT
Than that would be a mistake, as not needing base tattoo to change makes them available to new players.
Instead of others snatching them up for the TA.
May 13 2009 6:34 PM EDT
Yeah, GW, that would make sense if he was talking about the current system, but he's talking about the old system. I'm confused too.
We need to be able to change Tattoos. Not only for Strat changes, but to actually make it possible to add new Tattoos in the future.
Imagine not being able to change a Tattoos type. Next changemonth, a new Tattoo is introduced.
No one would use it. As you would have to ditch your current massive Tattoo for a new level 20 one.
We would need a New Tattoo Bonus for thier XP gains to let them compete with the existing Tattoos!
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002l1h">New Topic: Being able to change tattoos</a>