Suggestions for game balance: (in Debates)
August 30 2009 9:48 AM EDT
From another thread.
1) Get rid of fireballs friendly fire. If not get rid of it, just make a skill to lower it. Then mages have to xpend some xp, lowering the effective FB level.
2) Change the NSC from lowering the effect totally of AMF to lowering the AMF backlash damage. This way mages can get a nice benefit on lasting longer, while AMF would finally not be needed in such massive xp costs to be moderately effective.
3) Give the ToE the ability to lower GA damage by the same % it does physical. Possibly give the RBF resistance also. Right now there are 4 types of damage that I can think of. Physical, magical, RBF and GA. Have the ToE protect vs at least 2 of the 4. I would prefer 3 and leave magic off.
4) Lower the missile round penalties to magic damage by 1/2. Make it more in line with the penalties tanks get to hit in missile.
5) Give familiars evasion equal to 1/10th their level.
August 30 2009 12:02 PM EDT
Like them all but this one "4) Lower the missile round penalties to magic damage by 1/2. Make it more in line with the penalties tanks get to hit in missile"
Ranged damage gets decreased by something around 40%, not quite as bad as magic I know, but not nearly as worse as you stated. But wait... ranged weapons also get penalties to hit in the first 3 rounds. For my SoD it's a huge penalty in the first round.
August 30 2009 12:06 PM EDT
Guess I didn't read far enough... I don't like this one either "5) Give familiars evasion equal to 1/10th their level."
If you want evasion.. train evasion. Familiars are already plenty good off, they don't need a general buff. If you want to be able to train evasion on your Hal, ask for that, not for just natural evasion.
August 30 2009 12:08 PM EDT
I did not mean the HF in point 5, just DD familiars to help compensate for their lack of dexterity vs the HF and their increased vulnerability to physical damage.
August 30 2009 12:11 PM EDT
"I did not mean the HF in point 5, just DD familiars to help compensate for their lack of dexterity vs the HF and their increased vulnerability to physical damage."
Then my first statement stands. Junction DBs or evasion.
August 30 2009 1:06 PM EDT
I'd see, at least, the ToE give a bonus to encumbrance in aura since its ''tattoo of endurance''
Reduce the bad effects of armors in aura 2.
1) why not?
2) No mages have it hard as it is with quint and quad hitting hals and elbs.
3) The ToE had magic resistance and was clearly overpowered. So no.
4) no you have multiple hits DD doesn't
5) whats the point? 1/10 of the their lvl will only result in a token evasion which doesn't work.
August 30 2009 2:22 PM EDT
That is why I stated give the ToE either resistance vs GA and/or the RBF.
But not vs magic.
August 30 2009 8:36 PM EDT
So you'd be okay with removing the 10% evasion from the RoBF because it's only token and doesn't work?
August 30 2009 8:41 PM EDT
(87 ) 598,884
This is the evasion effect of a 6M RBF.
Hardly useless, nearly 1 less hit a round. Which could mean anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 damage reduction depending on whom you face.
But please answer Almaisky's question.
yeah, why not? since it doesn't work. And it really doesn't remove even 1 hit since the robf is mostly on enchanters with 0 dex. Then of course there is the odd tank (one that I know off) that uses it for the evasion.
August 30 2009 9:09 PM EDT
The combination of 1 and 4 will make FB really, really strong I'd imagine. Perhaps... to strong?
and 5 I am unsure of. But 2 and 3 are very viable imo. NSCs are a tad powerful.
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002rYL">Suggestions for game balance:</a>