What would you do if you owned CB? (in Debates)
Just a thought I had and wondered, "What would I do if I owned CB?" then I wondered, "What would others do if the Owned CB?"
Here is my list:
1) Developer Presence: I'd be around at least 1 time a day and update CB to be "More with the times".
2) Inclusive Chat: In window chat would be fixed and updated to handle far more like new chat applets.
3) Admin/Moderator Presence: With an updated chat I'd have more Moderators and Admins at the ready to hadle situations that may arise.
4) Help! Section Indexing/Updating: I feel that Tweaks and Indexing are needed to make certain things easier to find and be more aesthetically pleasing.
5) Balancing of Current Items: Lets be honest no one agrees that the ExBow is a balanced item and truthfully neither is a few others. With that said some updating/balancing would need to happen.
6) Clan Ritual Balancing: I can't help but think that, while awesome, they are a bit unbalanced and need some tweaking to really make them shine.
7) Item Innovation: Once the balancing and tweaking of everything else were done I think it would be time to start introducing new items every Quarter.
8) Game Advertising: After we get on a roll and have CB updated it would only make sense to advertise a newly minted CB.
9) New Player Accrual: Aside from Ads I would make referrals have larger payouts, encourage NUBS/NCBs, reduce penalties on game play as well as have a Tiered Tournament program in place.
10) Player Interaction/PR: I would recreate the Carnage Player Council in order to keep in touch with the Player Base and know what they wanted versus what I think they need then find a middle grounds if possible. I would also reinstill the QB Program to encourage a positive player environment.
Bonus 1: I would automate System Chars and Clans so players would have more targets for experience and Clan Points until they are no longer needed.
Bonus 2: I would try and set up a "Vacation Mode" if I could get it balanced. This would be so that players wouldn't have the feeling they cannot leave the game for any period of time. Mainly for fear of losing pace with their peers or just the need to get away and relax a bit without worry.
So what would your list be? Would it be like mine, what would you change? What would you add?
Bonus 3: I would set up a 3 Fold Gaming Option for CB: Fighter, Blacksmith and Tattooist. There would be allocations for all 3 so that people could play all 3 without hindering general gameplay for any.
Blacksmiths would be able to do everything the game blacksmith could do, which I would name btw, however I would have special items for them only: Hammer, Tongs, Anvil, Gloves, Goggles, Bellows and Assistant. Once at a sufficient level it would become a full fledged Forge.
Tattooist would be able time I everything the game Tattooist could do, who I would name as well, they would also have special Items: Chair, Gloves, Inks, Tat Quill, Spell Book/Enchantment Book, Apron, Goggles and Assistant. Once at a sufficient level it would become a full fledged shop.
The item names would be up for change but you get the idea. Names of power could be possibly enhanced but the initial ones would be through the system only. Enhancements would not include time extensions.
It'd be mostly like yours, I imagine. Though I'd probably have someone who's more versed in code update the game so that it's also playable on the go so to speak. Everyone's on mobile phones these days, so I don't see why a mobile Carnage Blender should be out of the question.
On the other hand, I'd be a little careful about rebalancing items, since as I've learned over the years, balancing stuff is one of those really precarious tightrope acts. We still need items that are naturally stronger; just that they also need to be skewed towards certain strats rather than basically mauling everything in sight as with the ExBow.
all good stuff. I need to play more.
Count me in for some shares of CB stock...
just haven't been back long enough to rate anything kind of hell yeah or what the heck?
I know a few things. Bought minions suck :)
November 24 2017 9:45 AM EST
I am actually considering putting some money in to port this over to telegram where a larger audience awaits...
November 27 2017 8:24 PM EST
One thing is to bring it into a modern era. By that I mean a mobile app would have to be developed. I cant say that the current platform is hard to use on a phone but, at least I cant post to the forms from a phone. And a mobile app would sure help drive in new players.
Bringing back the tournaments would certainly help keep things interesting and fresh. I wish we could do a tournament now but there just isn't enough players active right now
Bonus 4: I would separate listings for Tournaments from regular ones, ie I would make a Tournament Only Listing so as to keep things in perspective for current players and Tournaments. They would be similar to what we have now but would be a side by side comparison per Tournament and an All Time Listing.
Bonus 5: I would, just for a kick, make Listings for NCBs/NUBS. They would be unto themselves but would show Growth of each for their duration with owner/beginning player.
Just a few extra thoughts :-)
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003Mm3">What would you do if you owned CB?</a>