I've been working on this all week long! Its a fan art of Pyromaniac's umbrella girl. Check out more of his work here:
Anyways, this is my first successful character model! I sat at the computer all the past week working on this, and I learned a crapload of new stuff. I learned...
- how to model a character from reference sheets
- how to model clothes on the character
- how to model the darn difficult hair
- how to create an armature for posing the model
- that creating an armature is ridiculous and time consuming
- that deformations could go terribly wrong during posing
- how to use shape keys
- that shape keys can also be annoying
- how to hide bad deformations (and fix them when necessary)
- and tons of other small stuff.
It was one heck of an adventure, and I plan on developing my abilities further with character modeling. Stay tuned!