Random thoughts (in Off-topic)


TheHatchetman January 14 2009 1:53 AM EST

I often have random thoughts and questions, and I doubt I'm the only one that does, so I figured I'd start a thread to put mine and for others to put theirs in... Anyway...

I often wonder if anybody else judges the quality of a basic cable channel by what time the infomercials come on...

Wasp [Demon Forging] January 14 2009 1:58 AM EST

I usually judge them by the length of time they come on for

Adios Muchachos January 14 2009 2:10 AM EST

i have often wondered if anyone else does this. go through a stoplight and then look back because they just thought they ran a red light. or how about driving along and start day dreaming and when you snap out of it you thank your body for taken over and driving exactly how you needed.

Daz January 14 2009 2:28 AM EST

Does anybody else look at the parts of a picture that don't matter?

I saw a photo of a friend on facebook and asked why he didn't change the wallpaper on his laptop from the default, rather than saying he looks surprisingly good in business attire.

Or a girl in China I talk to a lot sent me her picture and I commented that there were no leaves on the trees and no leaves on the ground - Did they have people clean them up regularly?


Or is that just me?

SimplyNic January 14 2009 3:12 AM EST

I often spend too much time thinking about nothing, but some times most things. Fairly broad, but I have too many thoughts and such running through my head at once to really decide exactly what it is I'm thinking about.

But then again, I wonder if that's what's making my head hurt so badly...

PearsonTritonRaveshaw January 14 2009 2:59 PM EST

"I often wonder if anybody else judges the quality of a basic cable channel by what time the infomercials come on..."
I've never considered that to be honest. The infomercials don't come on 'round here until something like 1 AM or later, but then again I don't watch too much TV and I NEVER just sit there browsing the channels trying to find something good on.

"go through a stoplight and then look back because they just thought they ran a red light."
No.
"or how about driving along and start day dreaming and when you snap out of it you thank your body for taken over and driving exactly how you needed."
Very rarely. I'm usually able to find a good median between thinking aboot stuff and paying attention to all the moronic drivers.

"Does anybody else look at the parts of a picture that don't matter?"
It's happened to me a few times, too. You're not the only one.

"I often spend too much time thinking about nothing, but some times most things. Fairly broad, but I have too many thoughts and such running through my head at once to really decide exactly what it is I'm thinking about."
I met a guy (Ironically his name was Nick) who described his bipolar disorder in a similar way.

I sometimes wonder if it's natural to ask so many questions that can't be answered. When my mind is not actively thinking aboot the current task at hand, it usually wanders off and asks questions like "Why are we here?" "What happens when we die?" Then I go on to answer them. I have so many different theories aboot what happens that I just can't keep track of them anymore.

AdminShade January 14 2009 4:08 PM EST

What are the infomercials about? If they are about the quality of a basic cable channel then I must admit that I dispise them.

90% of those infomercials are just filled with tales which are not true and the other 10% just isn't being broadcasted where I live ;)


I must say, when I'd need such a thing, I'll do a bit of research on my own rather than trusting infomercials.

smallpau1 - Go Blues [Lower My Fees] January 14 2009 5:05 PM EST

I cant think of anything right now, but i always think of random things during my days.

Andy January 14 2009 5:16 PM EST

Why is bleach blonde so sexy sometimes?

AdminTitan [The Sky Forge] January 14 2009 9:22 PM EST

Tal : "how about driving along and start day dreaming and when you snap out of it you thank your body for taken over and driving exactly how you needed."

Tal, sometimes I'll drive home after wrestling practice and not even know how I got there, it scares me sometimes, but I'm lucky.
This thread is closed to new posts. However, you are welcome to reference it from a new thread; link this with the html <a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002djl">Random thoughts</a>