Advice for after NCB strat (in General)
Even though i have just over 4 months left on my NCB i need to fine tune the strat that i will use afterward.
i am leaning towards a 2 minion melee tank, whilst using a ToA. the tank would use my ELS, whilst the enchanter would train AMF and either VA or GA depending on the sorts of targets i can beat.
however i feel that this might be a bit weak so i am wondering what other ways i could improve this. i will be using the tank no matter what so that has to stay, though i could see myself changing the tattoo to something different.
my other ideas are maybe a RoBF on the tank, or junctioning either a HF or SF on the enchanter for some ranged damage.
so if anyone understands what i am saying i would appreciate any ideas that could help make the best 2 minion start possible (that includes a melee tank)
Why ELS, exactly, if you aren't going to be using a ranged weapon?
August 7 2009 11:56 AM EDT
Switch ELS to ELB to kill in ranged and switch AMF to DM due to the shorter rounds.
ELS might change to a BoNE not sure though probably likely, and staying a melee tank as i find that strat more interesting than an archer, so i want to make the most viable 2 minion team that is built around a melee tank.
August 7 2009 12:54 PM EDT
Melee only or melee-centric tanks are so hard to successfully run as a NCB.
And get as high a challenge bonus as possible. The best thing to do during the NCB is grow as much as possible. Then retrain. Yes, you lose a bit of xp (2-5%) on retrain, however if you get a higher CB during the NCB, that more than offsets the xp loss during retraining at the end of the NCB.
Reasons melee-centric tanks suck:
1) FB and MM mages get 6 full rounds of "free" attacks before you start.
2) CoC and SG mages get 1 free round before you start.
3) AMF, a melee tanks best hope, is quite neutered with the NSC. Used to be AMF would help protect a melee-centric tank, but now it is like peeing in the wind unless your AMF is exceptionally high.
4) You attack 1 minion a round, so vs 3 or 4 minion characters, you have to last not 6 but at least 8 or 9 rounds.
5) You let all those RBF teams, which typically have a disadvantage of having to wait to melee to start doing damage, avoid that disadvantage.
6) While every other type of damage except RBF gets an advantage from the HoC, you do not.
If you are staying with a melee-centric tank, you best tattoo would likely be a melee damage based one, such as a RBF vs an IF vs an EF.
I am of the idea of consolidating your damage into either missile or melee rounds. I feel it is not best to split them up if you use more than 1 damage dealer. Which you are planning with a tank and tattoo.
Ranger, I think he's going to run that at the end of his current NCB.
yes will not be retraining until after i finish my NCB
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002qRD">Advice for after NCB strat</a>