Third Minion? (in General)
In the last couple of days the idea of selling/disenchanting my melee weapon has gained some appeal with me. I'm not sure what I am going to do, as I like the thought of using it, however the large retrain is what annoys me.
As such I am thinking if I hired a third minion what would I train it as. The minion would probably cost 60mil, so would have 20mil exp.
The ideas I have for it are as follows;
- train GA. Against DM opponents it may not be high enough, but I can see it as an advantage
- move my AMF from junction minion to new minion. Benefit of this is more UC
- turn the minion into a MM wall.
- train EC, as it will help me against some opponents
Now I am asking what the best option may be. Or is there a better option out there. Any ideas will be welcome.
October 23 2009 9:47 AM EDT
Melee weapons are things of the past in CB. Unfortunately they just well... suck except in special cases.
But to your 3rd minion.
20M xp would be close to 1.67M levels in something.
Therefore if you:
1) Make it AMF and move AMF from your juction minion-You would get about 2.2M levels using a corn/BOE/SB. Not nearly enough vs the largish DD spells backed by the NSC. I would NOT advise this plan.
2) Train GA. This would help only vs AMF/EC using characters. Most DM at the level you are fighting will overwhelm 2.2M levels of GA. And also, damages at this level are well over 1M a hit in most cases, making the GA not do its maximum effect. Also, I would not advocate this approatch.
3) MM wall. Ah, now possibly you have something, but 1.67M Hp is not that much at the level you fight. In time it may be good, but to start, it may not help very much but for 1 or 2 opponents.
4) EC. Well that would give about 1.1M minus to the str/dex of your opponents. Which tanks right now do you need that help vs? 1 or 2? You have a lot more growth potential on you Jiggy compared to any of the tanks you currently now fight. Not recommended.
5) Do not hire since it is unlike to help you and it would lower the growth of your other 2 minions. I like this idea best.
Use the 60M to up your other items.
October 23 2009 9:55 AM EDT
I'm in agreement with Ranger on this. To be honest with you, the only use for a third minion I can see would be as a kill slot, and as he says, that amount of HP isn't a lot.
Your strat is damn fine as it stands I'd say, and leave it at that.
As for disenchant: I did just that on a weapon a little while back. If I did it now I'd pour the cash into the bonus giving items. It's the equivalent of buying XP, but on the minions you have already.
October 23 2009 10:09 AM EDT
"Use the 60M to up your other items."
While you're at it buy an Elven Cloak, a pair of Elven Boots and a pair of NSCs for your PL minion. Maybe even a MgS to help with SG and CoC minions.
for that minion i already have an elven cloak and gloves as well as a mage shield. just currently unequipped along with my BoF and Bom in order to maximize my challenge bonus.
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002uY8">Third Minion?</a>