Class System (in General)
November 2 2009 1:27 PM EST
I propose implementing a class system for CB. I don't suggest making the classes too overbearing, just more of a source of a few extra % on the skills you are focusing, and maybe some varied strategy ideas.
Warrior Class: +2% to STR and Skills, +1% Dx, -3% to DDs, -2% to EOs and EDs, +15% encumberance
Wizard Class: +3% to DD, -2% to HP, -10% Encumberance
Cleric Class: +2% to EOs, +3% to EDs
Ranger Class: +1% STR, +2% Dx and Skills, -1% DD, +5% encumberance
Rogue Class: +4% Dx, -5% Encumberance, -2% DD, EOs, EDs
etc. and of course these values can be modified, they are just an example.
Possibly even adding some class specific items if this system does get implemented, or at least having items that give increased bonus if used by one class over another.
I enjoy the versatility in CB. I'd rather not.
November 2 2009 1:35 PM EST
Is this per minion or per character?
All these classes would possibly do, is extend some bonuses even further?
Instead I'd want to see more different armours. Make an entire Elven set :)
These is no class in CB. Not now, not ever. Dismissed!
November 2 2009 1:38 PM EST
Given that one of my minions is a mix of three of the classes you offer I'd be a little pushed to max my bonuses properly.
November 2 2009 1:39 PM EST
per minion. maybe even make it so all the bonuses equal 0%, so that you can also just pick no class.
November 2 2009 1:41 PM EST
The goal is more theme driven than stats driven, but there is no reason to add a class system if all it does is give your guy a title. So some sort of small percent bonus and penalty would go along with the classes.
I'd rather not have the class system implementation throw the entire system out of whack, but rather just add some personality to the minions in a team.
This could work to help even out some of the lesser used minion types and even out some of the strengths and weaknesses in the game.
I would say yay.
November 2 2009 1:45 PM EST
I'd like to see some change occur, but I'm not sure classes would do much. I'd rather see the armor sets that Shade mentioned, but I'd really rather see a change that will benefit characters once the N*Bs are over -- something that will still allow them to feel a sense of advancement.
It would have to be thought out well and watch to see if there would be a way to take advantage of it.
November 2 2009 1:46 PM EST
Perhaps instead of passive bonuses each class could have a special ability instead.
Warriors would be the only class able to wear heavy armor, of course we'd have to determine which pieces fall under this category.
Rogues can equip 2 one handed weapons and use them both, with some as yet undetermined PTH penalty.
Wizards can train 2 DDs and both will be cast every round.
Clerics can train 2 EDs.
**This proposal would throw the whole CB system for a loop and therefore it's not my primary suggestion, but it still falls under the more personality for your characters part of my suggestion so I do still like it more than the current system of just Minion 1,2,3,4**
I have tried to introduce 2 1handed weapons in CB1 Jon would not have it. I like your original Idea how ever this second part would (like you said) skew CB into one heck of a mess.
November 2 2009 1:52 PM EST
If I sat down with the to hit system and a piece of paper/pencil it would probably take me about 30 mintues to come up with 2-3 proposals on what PTH penalty you need for two 1H weapons to make it feasible. I don't see why that would be a problem, I figured it wasn't in the game yet just because they hadn't gotten around to it, not because they don't know how to balance it. I suppose I can work on that this afternoon, even if the class system gets no credit from this thread, maybe we can get dual wielding thrown a new bone if I get a solid proposal down.
November 2 2009 2:20 PM EST
For the same reasons I would not like to see races in CB.
November 2 2009 2:25 PM EST
"I enjoy the versatility in CB. I'd rather not."
We already have the ability to create "classes" by training certain stats. Minions who train intrinsics and use weapons are Warriors/Tanks. Those training damage spells are Mages. Those who focus on enchantments are Enchanters. We don't need to to name the minion types in order to achieve what we already have.
And I strongly oppose giving out bonuses or penalties based on a chosen minion type/class/race/etc.
November 2 2009 2:28 PM EST
Even though I disagree with the proposal, thanks for the ideas.
"We already have the ability to create "classes" by training certain stats"
Want a 'warrior'? Stick a TSA/TG/HoE/EG on him. Stat boosts, magic penalties, and higher ENC.
Want a 'mage'. Do the same with Spellboosters/Corn/etc.
November 2 2009 3:26 PM EST
I know this game is not based on reality, but there is a certain logic behind this. e.g. If I was a expert Warrior I could not just change and become a expert mage the next day just by changing my clothes.
Or if you will, Turn from a electrician to a carpenter, these skills can take years to acquire.
I still agree with classes but you could have subclasses (a baby of two of these classes) and smaller bonus's so as not to change the structure of the game.
Just my Opinion. :-)
November 2 2009 3:58 PM EST
Let my minion be a ranger with all the missile bonuses. Strap on an exbow and holy abuse Batman!!!
We really need to fix what is wrong with CB now instead of adding more crap that is unbalanced.
November 2 2009 4:30 PM EST
I really don't understand what you all consider is so wrong with CB at the moment. There is only one person in CB who rarely if ever loses and he's 1.1 mil PR above the next guy, if you spend that much money on your character I guess you should be first place. By adding a system where USD can affect game play at all, then you'll get people like that.
So, I guess we're trying to make it so that non-USD spenders are on equal footing with USD spenders, so what is the point in donating then?
There is nobody else in the game other than the top guy that doesn't get farmed by at least 2-3 people, even the archers with ExBows, but I guess we're back to, since it beats my strat it's broken.
hey an exbow comment, we haven't had one of those in a long time :P
And on subject, no this adds nothing more then the current items do.
November 2 2009 4:48 PM EST
Short list of broken or wrong things with CB at the moment, according to me only:
1) The drop system is complete garbage. Right now one cannot spend BA, buy BA and make a decent profit enough to enhance ones items. Forget about trying to buy a new minion over 2M MPR without USD.
2) The exbow. It is the stupidest piece of equipment I have seen in any online game I have ever encounted. I cannot see how 1 item at 1/4th the upgrade of some of the best items in the game can completely neuter a character. Especially if one has more dexterity and a lot more + on DBs than the exbow user has + on his weapon. When 1 hit makes your character useless, it is a problem.
3) The RBF. Too many great features all wrapped in one perfect blanket of power. 25% magic resistance, nice sized evasion, AND a perfect type of damage that is not subject to AMF or GA or ToE. Yes, I know the damage is the "least" of all the damages out there, but when you do not have to worry about AMF or GA, who really cares. Given the multitude of people using one.
4) ENC is too high, especially for single minions. If we want to decrease USD effects, ENC is not working correctly. Base it on MPR if you want to lower the USD influence in the game.
5) N*B. Where to start? It leads to multi abuse. It leads to a division in the game between new players, who rapidly grow, and older ones, who are stuck in neutral. Unless the older players want to spend hundreds of millions of CB to try to make a top run. Time to break down and admit a rolling bonus is best.
6) UC damage. It is far too low. I get hit from LR's Jiggy at almost 10M level, boosted by UC junctioned for about 500k a hit. That is really pathetic for this level of play. It needs a nice boost. No boost to evasion or PTH, but to damage.
7) TSA/PL/revive. This to me is broken, but not others. Nuff said about this point.
8) The ToE. It is worthless. Needs to be boosted in some regard to be balanced.
9) GA. It may need to be a bit rescaled due to the lowering of all damage capacity.
10) FB. Needs to get rid of friendly fire. Right now it is a useless spell after 1M or so MPR.
11) SG vs the RBF. This certainly is broken via data we have collected. Let it be fixed so we can see the true power of the RBF and have the exbow/RBF be the ultimate strat.
While not a complete list of things, this is a lot of stuff to fix. And some may not be things others believe needs fixing but it is what I would fix.
I think the community does agree on a few things however.
Numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 11.
So let us fix things before we add more features to possibly unbalance the game even more.
And make it far easier to abuse the exbow.
Only one I don't agree with is 3. ;)
November 2 2009 5:46 PM EST
Classes? This is not some random stock RPG. Don't limit us to one strategy.
This thread is closed to new posts.
However, you are welcome to reference it
from a new thread; link this with the html
<a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002v1c">Class System</a>