- Strategy and Comments
A team consisting of 3 minions in this order : Wall, Mage, Enchanter.
The purpose behind a Wall is to block damage done to your main damage dealers.
Strategy and Comments
- A Tattoo of Endurance (ToE) is needed on the Mage, disregard any Body Armor or Cloak.
- This is a simple and effective Strategy. Obviously for people starting a character with New Character Bonus (NCB) or people who already have the gear for it.
- Cone of Cold (CoC), Shocking Grasp (SG), and Magic Missile (MM) are recommended for this strategy. Fireball (FB) causes damage to your own minions during melee, so it is highly recommended *NOT* to use it with this strategy.
- Due to recent changes, it is viable to train Evasion on the Wall as it is more effective in ranged combat. If training Evasion it should be trained at 1/4 or 1/3 and the rest of the xp into HP.
- If you already own one, an Amulet of Invisibility (AoI) would add to the effectiveness of your strategy as the Mage would be attacked last regardless. This would change the strategy order to MWE. Without this change this strategy is very weak versus Magic Missile.
- To further make effective use of minion placement, it would be effective to switch the Enchanter with the wall. This means that in the first round of ranged combat, minions with large ranged weapons such as an Elven Long Bow would waste a entire round on your meatshield-- the Enchanter. Even though you might have evasion trained on your wall, opponents will still land attacks on you. This will just make your wall last longer. (Added note: With this configuration, the Enchanter dies in ranged, where the damage is generally higher; than in melee combat, where the damage is generally lower, thus streamlining the use of your Wall's HP).
last edited by Cube at Aug 18 2008
- Edit WME
Pages that link to this page: